Home >> Services >> Speech Evaluation
Speech evaluation is a formal procedure to measure speech defects in individuals. Different disorders require different evaluation approach. The speech evaluation in children differs from that of adults and so the approach. With adults the speech evaluation is more structured and time bound where as with children it is mostly informal and in playful manner. There are different types of speech and language disorders which require different approach to be followed and each has its own formal standardized test to be performed to diagnose the same.
The major steps involved in speech evaluation are:
1) To collect demographic data.
2) Patient Complain, speech & language and other histories to be noted.
3) Voice, articulation and fluency parameters to be assessed.
4) Examination of Oral peripheral mechanism (to check if all the active and passive articulators are functioning normally).
5) Disorder specific formal test to be administered.
6) To collect the speech sample for analysis.
7) Diagnose the disorder based on the above mentioned steps.
8) To assess the prognosis of the disorder.
9) To counsel the patient about the possible treatment of the disorder.
The most common Speech Disorders are mentioned below:
Delayed Speech and Language Development
Language Learning Disability
I had a severe hearing loss and HNR Speech & Hearing Clinic fitted me with a Completely in Canal hearing aid. Best Part is that I don't have to physically go to their clinic to get it adjusted. Using the Telephone Technology whenever I require adjustments they help me over the phone itself by increasing or decreasing volume.
I was embarrassed during official meetings as I couldn't follow conversation and had to ask my colleagues them to repeat. Wearing a Hearing aid was getting more embarrassing, luckily HNR gave me the 100% invisible hearing aid which is as comfortable as my spectacles and conversation is as clear as natural hearing!
-Manish Mishra ,Pune
HNR Speech & Hearing Clinic Specializes in fitting of 100% “Invisible in Canal” Hearing Aids which a patient can apply and remove easily. The IIC is named Sound Lens and is a boon for all especially those who are in the corporate world! Read more about the Product.[ Read More.. ]